Janssen Biologics B.V. - Leiden (Nederland)
For our client, Janssen Biologics B.V., we are looking for a Manufacturing Supervisor.
For Janssen Biologics we are currently recruiting a Supervisor within the operations department of their Vaccine Launch Facility, to strengthen their team responsible for the groundbreaking development and production of the COVID-19 Vaccine.
As manufacturing supervisor operations support, you work in dayshift and lead the 3 groups of 8 manufacturing operators and Lead manufacturing operator who work in shifts. You work closely with the other manufacturing supervisors of the operations department, the manufacturing specialists and process engineers.
As supervisor, you will further build on and maintain the completely new organisation for the VLF. This means you will lead the recruiting process for your operation department of the launch facility, manage and coach the operations team during the phase III and commercial production of vaccines. In this role you will have a lot of interaction with different departments within Janssen Biologics and Janssen Vaccines to ensure there is a good connection and that the VLF is embedded into the Janssen organisation.
As Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- The execution of the activities within the operations support team, according to the set standards (cGMP, EHSS, Process Excellence) and continuously improving it;
- Ensure that there is a stable team with a positive constructive atmosphere. You motivate, coach and support your Lead manufacturing operator and employees to get the best out of your teams;
- Performing all people management task e.g. holds the 5 conversations, recruitment and selection, absenteeism guidance, coaching, propagating the CREDO values;
- Sufficient training (process, process excellence, etc.) and occupation of the team members;
- Setting priorities and aligning them with the departments involved, constantly assessing and improving the efficiency of the processes and the team, so that the production systems, the production facility and the resources are optimally utilised;
- An effective communication between the various locations, customers (internal / external/ JVP / JBV) and promotes co-operation and synergy in this;
- Involvement in deviation investigation and follow up;
- Discuss improvements and the strategy of operations support with the lead manufacturing operators and your supervisor;
- Supervising activities carried out by third parties (maintenance, repairs, qualifications, etc.) in your responsible area.
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in biotechnology, biochemistry, biomedicine, process technology (or equivalent education) with 3-5 years of experience in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry environment. You have at least 1 year work experience as a supervisor production and at least 1 year experience with EHSS and GMP. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with excellent people management skills who is able to develop people to a higher level. Do you have good communication skills (both in Dutch and English), an eye for process improvement and good decision making skills? Then we are looking for you!
Janssen Biologics creates, acquires and markets unique biopharmaceutical therapies. Their innovative products focus on the management of three major disease areas; cardiovascular, immunological disorders and cancer.
They strive to be a prominent company. Not only by the marketing of important new products. They also effectuate to increase the applications of their existing products. This means investing in the right research, forging the right business partnerships and hiring the right people to maintain the highest quality.
The Vaccines Launch Facility (VLF) is a state-of-the-art vaccines GMP manufacturing facility at the Bioscience park in Leiden, where they proudly produce groundbreaking medicines against diseases that have a global impact, such as vaccines against HIV and RSV. This is also the place where they produce the COVID-19 vaccine that was developed in-house by Janssen Vaccines and Prevention. The vaccine facility is designed to manufacture drug substance on a 1000 L scale for Phase III and commercial purposes.
The Operations Department plays a central role within the vaccine facility and is responsible for on time delivery of the planned batches against the high-quality standards and safety and compliance regulations that are applicable for Vaccine manufacturing.
The Operations Department holds around 100 people in 2021 and is divided in 4 teams. 3 Teams are responsible for the actual on time production and delivery of the batches (USP, DSP and Operations Support) and one Team (COE) is responsible to support the production teams with specialised and in-depth knowledge and skills on our production processes.
Operations Support will consist of 4 sub teams. One team in the dayshift and 3 teams who will work in shifts (16/7), with each one Lead manufacturing operator and 8 operators. Every day of the week one team will be working in the morning, one in the afternoon/evening and one will be off. We are currently recruiting for a supervisor (in dayshift) who will lead the 3 operations support teams working in 16/7, to make the vaccines drug substance of RSV, HIV and COVID-19.
The responsibilities of operations support do contain, but are not limited to, the supply, removal and decontamination of gowning, the supply of single use items for the production process, the crimping and sealing of the 10L drug substance bottles, the transport to and storage of the bottles in the -70 freezers, preparation of the 10L bottles for shipment and assist the USP/DPS operations where necessary.
Additional vacancy information
|Contract||:||Temporary contract with CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Salary: >45600|
Days of leave: 25 + 11
Project for at least one year
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.