Regulatory Product Compliance Specialist
Unilever Research & Development - Wageningen (Nederland)
For our client, Unilever Research & Development, we are looking for a Regulatory Product Compliance Specialist.
Unilever is committed to ensure that its products are compliant with legislation and that clear information is provided on their use and any risks that are associated with their use.
To translate this mission efficiently into action, and to ensure that Unilever complies with its own high standards as well as with the technical aspects of legislation, is the task of the Global Product Compliance (GPC) team. The GPC is part of the Regulatory Affairs Organization in R&D. The team supports the entire Unilever portfolio, deals with a high variety in compliance activities and interacts with many functions in Unilever.
On the regional level the Cluster Product Compliance team (CPC) will define requirements and ensure speed and efficiency of compliance business processes locally (regional and country basis).
The Specialist will deliver regulatory compliance support to Unilever Home Care and Beauty & Personal Care divisions, report to the European CPC Manager and will be part of the European CPC team consisting of 5 members based in various locations across Europe.
- Act as a Compliance Business Partner to cluster divisional teams: R&D (Cluster/Local), Supply Chain (Quality, Procurement, Innovation planners, Logistics etc.), Cluster Innovation/Advocacy (I/A) RA, Artwork Excellence Team, External Affairs/Legal, Finance;
- Provide advice, guidance and training to relevant business partners on specific compliance aspects and use of compliance tools;
- Lead the impact assessments according to relevant regulatory changes;
- Coordinate the implementation of compliance business processes with speed and efficiency for regulatory change and/or adaptation to business needs;
- Assist to enquiries on operation and maintenance of compliance business processes;
- Pro-actively Collaborate with internal expert teams to identify opportunities to drive speed, efficiency and consistency in compliance processes in the cluster;
- Understand the scope of the regulatory framework in Europe and its effects on the various product categories across divisions;
- Assess the compliance capability and quality of consultants;
- Manage the budget for external support and navigate respective internal process;
- Coordinate and Execute the agreed activity/project portfolio with Regulatory Data Provides, third parties and selected EU regulatory bodies.
Who we're looking for
Do you have a Bachelor/Master Degree in Product Science/Technology or equivalent degree and min 1 year experienc in FMCG company in Technical functions, preferably in Regulatory Affairs? This could be an interesting job for you!
- Good understanding of EU cluster ways of working and its complexity;
- Experience in product development, preferably across multiple divisions;
- Good Knowledge of Regulatory landscape in Europe and existing Regulations for Chemicals (eg. CosReg, BPR, REACH);
- Capable to pro-actively engage and communicate with partners/stakeholders across organisation and can tailor complex technical information into clear/relevant messages for all audiences;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills in a multi-task environment;
- Ability to analyze, trouble-shoot, take initiative, set priorities, drive things forward, look for opportunities for optimization and work under pressure;
- Eager to learn, have enquiring mind and keen to challenge status quo;
- Fully operational in virtual ways of working;
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) and preferably in one other EU language;
- Team player with solid record of working in & with multicultural teams.
The mission of Unilever is to add vitality to life. They meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene, and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
With 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.
Their brand portfolio has made them leaders in every field in which they work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
They are constantly enhancing their brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. They invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop their products.
Today Unilever employs 223 000 people in 100 countries worldwide, and supports the jobs of many thousands of distributors, contractors and suppliers.
Unilever R&D built a new Global Foods Innovation Centre in Wageningen, the Netherlands.
In this way Unilever creates critical mass in expertise areas to ensure that the technologies ultimately bring benefit-led, breakthrough innovations to the markets. Unilever aims to evolve their R&D sites into innovation ecosystems to leverage the knowledge and expertise of external partners.
Additional vacancy information
|Contract||:||Temporary contract with CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Salary: 3200-5000|
Days of leave: 25 + 13
Period: Due to a pregancy leave, this is a 6 months project.
See here our other employment terms for this vacancy
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|Contactperson||:||Jan Paul Favier|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.