Unilever Nederland B.V. - Rotterdam (Nederland)
For our client, Unilever Nederland B.V., we are looking for a Packaging Project Lead.
- Communication skills
Ask yourself “Am I a self-starter with ability to think on my feet, flexibility to adapt to different scenarios, and who wants to deliver great products to the market?”
The European Skin Care Cluster Design Team is looking for an exceptional packaging technician to join their product development team to contribute to the success of their global and local brands.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Be an integral part of a large global organisation, while linking local country requirements to a global strategy;
- Problem solve and trouble shoot packaging conundrums;
- Closely collaborate with the packaging team, while being an integral part of a cross functional team, partnering with supply chain, factories, marketing, and procurement;
- Packaging workstream leader on innovation projects, leading project through full end to end processes;
- Lead the primary and secondary packaging developed for the projects ensuring robust, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions are selected;
- Lead the development and design of pallet layouts and ensure rigourous assessments are carried out to ensure they meet the supply chain needs;
- Responsible for all lab testing on the projects including Ecommerce;
- This role will work closely with other functions, such as procurement and supply chain, to create, develop and deliver product solutions;
- Work and communicate effectively with different departments and functions to deliver against the project network timings and identify and manage risks;
- Write packaging specifications ensuring they meet required standards.
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate:
- You are a natural problem solver: the ability and passion to problem solve is essential!
- You’re a great translator: Must be able to translate the consumer expectations into packaging that continue to delight and bring growth to the company;
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: A passion for success is a must. Detail orientated and able to manage multiple and/or complex projects;
- You have a special ability to connect people: you can connect people from different functions and have a great ability to talk about technical challenges in an easy engaging way.
Not necessarily looking for a wealth of experience in Project Management. Worked in an FMCG company or similar and knows how to work a project.
- Relevant experience in packaging development preferably on flexible, rigid and corrugate packaging;
- Experienced in distribution designs and use of CAPE;
- Experienced in design and managing testing plans, lab testing, and report writing;
- Skilled and comfortable working in a digital environment;
- A creative, logical, and analytical mind to generate innovative design solutions to technical design problems;
- Ability to respond quickly to change in priorities;
- You will need to be enthusiastic and self-motivated with good verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate complex engineering and design principles to people at all levels of the business, across different functions.
Hiring the person and their attitude rather than their technical knowledge. There is a team to fully support on technical questions on packaging.
Working with IT systems – artwork and IT software appreciation.
People who have worked in an R&D environment would work well in this role.
DepartmentJoining the Skin Care EU team means working within a dedicated and ambitious team on the development and upkeep of high impact Global and local specialist brands. They offer an agile and open-minded environment with strong, proactive, passionate thinkers who are constantly seeking to improve purpose in terms of brand, people, sustainability, technology & business growth.
As a member of the Packaging team, you will have the chance to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, and external partners to create products consumers want and love.Additional vacancy information
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.
|Contract||:||Temporary contract with CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Salary: >3250|
Days of leave: 25 + 13
See here our other employment terms for this vacancy
Project for at least 9 months.
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|Contactperson||:||Jan Paul Favier|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|