Janssen Vaccines & Prevention - Leiden (Nederland)
For our client, Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, we are looking for an Assistant Scientist.
As Assistant Scientist you have the following responsibilities:
- Perform laboratory experiments;
- Prepare laboratory specimens;
- Assemble and operate laboratory and field equipment;
- Position, weigh and assist in procedures with experimental animals;
- Use mathematical models to analyse data and summarise the results of experiments;
- Prepare chemical compounds, reagents and culture media.
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate has a B.Sc. (HLO) and experience with cell culture, preferably in a GMP environment. Additional experience with LIMS is highly advantageous. Are you pro-active, accurate, fluent in both Dutch and English and are you comfortable with routine work? Then we are looking for you!
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is part of Johnson & Johnson, one of the biggest and most respected health care companies in the world. They are dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of novel vaccines to prevent some of the most devastating and complex infectious diseases. These range from respiratory infections like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and pathogens of global concern, such as Ebola and COVID-19.
In this organisation, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are of crucial importance. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden, The Netherlands.
The QCD labs group is part of the Analytical Development Department of the Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development sector. Overall, it consists of 6 sub-teams (Raw-Materials, Sample Management, Cell Culture, Microbiology, Co-ordination and Technicians) and is responsible for release and stability testing as well as the corresponding reporting of Janssen’s virus and antibody products for use in clinical trials and the analytical support of the pilot plant activities.
The QCD Labs group focuses on supporting production and laboratory activities with:
• Inspection, release and change management of incoming production raw materials and laboratory chemicals (Raw-Materials Team)
• Sample and Material receipt, handling, storage and forwarding (Sample Management Team)
• Cell Culture services where cells are maintained used for assays and production cell line quality is supported (Cell Culture Team)
• Microbiology group mainly responsible for maintaining controlled state of production clean room and production utilities by environmental and utility monitoring programs (Microbiology Team)
• Co-ordination of Release and Stability testing and Outsourcing Co-ordination (Co-ordination Team)
• Lab technicians’ team is responsible for all internal release and stability testing (Technicians)
Additional vacancy information
|Contract||:||Temporary contract with CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Salary: >2700|
Days of leave: 25 + 11
See here our other employment terms for this vacancy
Project for at least 1 year
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.