Assistant Manager Regulatory Compliance
Unilever Research & Development - Wageningen (Nederland)
For our client, Unilever Research & Development, we are looking for an Assistant Manager Regulatory Compliance .
Unilever is committed to ensure that its products are compliant with legislation and that clear information is provided on their use and any risks that are associated with their use.
To translate this mission efficiently into action, and to ensure that Unilever complies with its own high standards as well as with the technical aspects of legislation, is the task of the Global Product Compliance team. The GPC is part of the Regulatory Affairs Organization in R&D. The team supports the whole Unilever portfolio, deals with a high variety in compliance activities and interacts with many functions in Unilever.
As Assistant Manager Regulatory Compliance, you will be part of the GPC Foods & Refreshment (F&R) team and have the following responsibilities:
Structure Division specific compliance business processes:
- Analyse current and future F&R Division needs for compliance processes (e.g. raw material, formulation, artwork, registration and impact assessment);
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and/or quality of existing processes;
- Get full engagement from F&R Division for the roll-out or implementation of automated and/or outsourced compliance processes or for the development of new tools;
- Share successes between regions and provide input for business cases for new tools.
Optimise compliance assessment of Unilever products by Cluster Product Compliance teams:
- Manage the key Division interfaces for implementation or improvement of outsourced or automated processes for Cluster F&R clearance activities, with support from GPC Process and Digital team;
- Provide support to Unilever Clusters, CPC’s and Capability teams on the maintenance of these processes;
- Train and guide CPC’s in specific expert judgements where the GPC F&R team members have built global expertise (e.g. packaging, pesticides & contaminants, labelling, data searches, PLM). This support might also be required during authority audits or other challenges.
- Understand and continue to develop such global expertise, with a focus on understanding and documenting cases of (mutual) acceptance or recognition of regulatory requirements between regions;
- Conduct risk assessments related to import/export processes where suppliers are unable to provide sufficient documentation to confirm compliance outside their production region. This expertise is crucial for the CPC’s to provide proper advice to the decision makers in their business;
- Coordinate the global regulatory review for business triggers (e.g. I/E, impact assessment, SC changes, acquisitions) impacting multiple regions, as a FPOC between involved Clusters/CPC’s and business partners (‘lead resolver’ role).
Who we're looking for
We are looking for candidates with a background in Chemistry or Food Science and at least 2 -3 years of relevant experience. You have experience with the current and emerging foods and chemicals legislation and knowledge of chemistry in relation to food and/or HPC products. Familiarity/experience with GDC/RDCs will be an advantage. IT skills (using spreadsheets and databases for analysis purposes, document management and design, dealing with high volume of data) is expected, working knowledge of SAP/ databases is an advantage, but training will be given.
- Capable of understanding and developing business processes;
- Attention to detail, tenacity, ability to recognize, question and resolve discrepancies;
- Very well organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic and confident;
- Ability to liaise with other functions within Unilever as well as external resources globally, ensuring their timely input to meet compliance requirements (capability to effectively work with different cultures and languages);
- Be able to communicate effectively and fluently in writing and speech about regulatory requirements and processes, internally and externally, with business partners at all work levels and in various disciplines and to function as a Global Issue Leader in an expert area.
Are you the enthusiastic candidate with excellen communication skills we are looking for?
The mission of Unilever is to add vitality to life. They meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene, and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
With 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.
Their brand portfolio has made them leaders in every field in which they work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
They are constantly enhancing their brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. They invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop their products.
Today Unilever employs 223 000 people in 100 countries worldwide, and supports the jobs of many thousands of distributors, contractors and suppliers.
Unilever R&D built a new Global Foods Innovation Centre in Wageningen, the Netherlands.
In this way Unilever creates critical mass in expertise areas to ensure that the technologies ultimately bring benefit-led, breakthrough innovations to the markets. Unilever aims to evolve their R&D sites into innovation ecosystems to leverage the knowledge and expertise of external partners.
Additional vacancy information
|Contract||:||Temporary contract with CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Position for one year. |
Salary: > 3000
Days of leave: 25 + 13
See here our other employment terms for this vacancy
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|Contactperson||:||Jan Paul Favier|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.