(sr.) Project Manager Health and Wellbeing
Unilever Research & Development - Wageningen (Nederland)
- our client, Unilever Research & Development, we are looking for a (sr.) Project Manager Health and Wellbeing
- Regulatory Affairs
- Vitamins and Supplements
- Product registration
- European and Asian market
As Project Manager in this role, you will coordinate and drive the international expansion Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements (“VMS”) brands within the Health & Wellbeing division. This is a key role that will support the brand teams with the successful expansion of several existing US VMS brands into new markets, with specific focus on Asia, EU and LatAm (Brazil).
- Driving detailed business understanding on the different product registration requirements for VMS in key markets, including Asia, EU, LatAm and US. Specifically.
_ Expertise on registration requirements (including list of supporting documents) and support to product registration (dossier preparation for product notification/ registration), shelf-life considerations, labeling (label text preparation, including artwork check) and regulatory roadmap.
- Pro-actively leading the review, impact-assessment and implementation of all applicable regulations and legal requirements (domestic market and exports) operating as a key internal subject matter expert;
- Leading the reviewing and interpretation of new and proposed rules, regulations and enforcement activities impacting the use of ingredients, safety, labeling and advertising, and of new business models which may have significant impact on planned business actions and / or proposal;
- Ensuring relevant regulatory, safety or technical risk assessments are communicated to relevant functional experts to inform strategy on ingredients, formulations, and any advertising, brand promotion and communication;
- Working closely with global regulatory, legal specialists, R&D and business development teams to ensure business objectives are met through strong regulatory strategy and partnership;
- Directing the activities of external regulatory consultants who may be required as subject matter experts on specific key programs or activities.
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate has a least an MSc. background in Nutrition, Food Science, Pharmaceutical, Chemistry, Biology and 3-10 years of experience in the field of Vitamins Minerals and Supplements (VMS) including cross-functional interactions and project management. You need to be familiar with the different product classifications for VMS across food, health supplement and drug, and a detailed knowledge of the relevant product licenses and registration requirements across different markets, specifically Asia and EU. Previous experience of working in VMS and working with multiple stakeholders in different countries and functions, including regulatory ( to run the assessments), R&D (to reformulate the product if required), legal, safety, quality and public affairs is essential. As a person, you are a strong communicator and are able to identify process improvement opportunities. You are able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally across the world.
Are you the self-starter and independent project manager we are looking for?
The mission of Unilever is to add vitality to life. They meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene, and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
With 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.
Their brand portfolio has made them leaders in every field in which they work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
They are constantly enhancing their brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. They invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop their products.
Today Unilever employs 223 000 people in 100 countries worldwide, and supports the jobs of many thousands of distributors, contractors and suppliers.
Unilever R&D built a new Global Foods Innovation Centre in Wageningen, the Netherlands.
In this way Unilever creates critical mass in expertise areas to ensure that the technologies ultimately bring benefit-led, breakthrough innovations to the markets. Unilever aims to evolve their R&D sites into innovation ecosystems to leverage the knowledge and expertise of external partners.
Additional vacancy information
|Contract||:||Temporary contract with CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Project for 6 months|
Days of leave: 25 + 13
See here our other employment terms for this vacancy
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|Contactperson||:||Jan Paul Favier|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.