Senior Technician Assay Development
Sanquin Diagnostic Services - Amsterdam (Nederland)
For our client, Sanquin Diagnostic Services, we are looking for a Senior Technician Assay Development.
Are you looking for a dynamic and fulfilling position that will allow you to deepen your knowledge in assay development for haemostasis, immune chemistry and auto-immune disease assays? Do you enjoy developing assays from scratch? Then this might be a perfect job for you!
The bioanalysis development team at Sanquin Diagnostic Services, is looking for a (Senior) Technician Assay Development. In this role you focus on developing new assays and keeping their portfolio of assays state of the art. As new research is published every day and as legislation and regulations are strict, they are continuously optimising, adapting and developing assays. Besides developing assays for hospital diagnostics, they develop assays for pharma and biotech partners.
For this dynamic position we are looking for an independent (senior) technician who can set-up and optimise new assays for routine diagnostics and for pharma and biotech projects, to process samples from hospitals world-wide and for clinical studies. In addition, you will monitor and trouble shoot existing assays and perform reagents qualification in collaboration with the QA officer.
Daily activities include but are not limited to:
- Development of immunoassays (mainly ELISA) on different platforms both manually and using automated analysers. This could also include genetic testing or immunofluorescence microscopy;
- Analysis, processing and reporting of test results;
- Develop new assays and lead those to validation to fit the intended context of use;
- Writing of standard operating procedures (SOPs), validation protocols and reports and analysing validation studies;
- Reporting according to GxP guidelines.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone willing to learn or with a clear idea about the necessary steps involved in assay development and validation, and who can conceive and discuss subsequent steps together with their colleagues. You will present raw data on a weekly basis and receive feedback within the development team, which will enable you to move forward independently. In addition, you will transfer your knowledge by guiding routine laboratory technicians to perform the newly-developed assays.
- Experience with large protein and enzyme assays (ELISA, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence);
- Bachelor/HBO or Master degree in biomedical-, biopharmaceutical or related sciences and experience as a (senior) technician;
- Experience with planning and accurately documenting and reporting test validations;
- Basic statistics and analysis skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Dutch (does not have to be fluent yet);
- Ability to work on and plan multiple projects at the same time and adhere to tight deadlines.
Sanquin is a knowledge centre. We communicate with customers at a high level about the technical aspects of our bioanalytical services. Our laboratories are ISO15189 certified and we work according to GCLP and GMP.
The Unit Pharma & Biotech Services (about 100 colleagues) composed of (senior) technicians and scientists from Sanquin Diagnostic Services as well as scientists and principal investigators from Sanquin Research. Sanquin is currently expanding their supporting role in pharma and biotech-led studies. The IPH labs offers patient diagnostics and (tailor-made) assays in the (pre-)clinical stage of clinical testing. This is done in close collaboration with Sanquin Research department and Key Opinion Leaders in the field.
Additional vacancy information
|Contract||:||Direct contract with client|
|Employment terms||:||Terms of employment and salary (scale FWG 45/50 depending on experience);|
In accordance with the Sanquin Collective Labour Agreement;
Challenging projects in a multi-disciplinary and enthusiastic team;
8.33% end-of-year bonus, i.e. a thirteenth month in case of full-year employment;
8.33% holiday pay;
201 hours of leave with full-time employment (36 hours).
Compensation for travel expenses;
Collective agreements with various insurers;
Pension plan with Pensioenfonds Zorg & Welzijn (PFZW).
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.