Business Unit Manager
Mentor Medical Systems - Leiden (Nederland)
For our client, Mentor Medical Systems, we are looking for a Business Unit Manager.
The Business Unit Manager leads the Operations department in Mentor. You will be responsible for the achievement of the production targets, continuously improve the production systems and processes, and determine the long-term strategy for the department. Off course you are responsible for the development of the team and motivating, coaching and development of the employees in the department.
The activities are very dynamic and varied. We are looking for a strong inspirational leader, who likes challenges, who doesn’t avoid problems and enjoys coaching of employees.
- Accountable for output according to production targets in a safe and GMP compliant manner;
- Development of long term strategy for Operations;
- Identify and develop talent through coaching;
- Encourage and support continuous improvements. Sponsor of (technical) projects: provide direction, coaching and support;
- Accountable for compliance and alignment with financial agenda and calendars for business planning, budget and financial reporting;
- Active participation in MD network: sharing and deployment of best practices. You are a convincing representative for their site;
- Deputy for Plant Manager.
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate has at least a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), preferably in an Engineering or Science discipline, with at least 8 years of work experience in a medical device company. A minimum of 5 years in a management/supervisory role is required. We are looking for someone with GMP experience and demonstrated functional knowledge of Lean Manufacturing philosophies (Six Sigma, Green or Black Belt certification is preferred).
Other must haves are:
- Experience in leading and co-ordinating change management activities and projects;
- Excellent people management and coaching skills;
- Experience in standard costing and measurement, capital budgeting;
- Independent, decisive, result- and performance-driven;
- Good communication skills, easy to approach, inspiring;
- Team lead experience;
- A good change agent, strategic focus.
Mentor is a trusted global leader in aesthetic medicine among both consumers and clinicians by providing a broad range of innovative, science and clinical-based solutions to maintain, enhance, and restore self-esteem and quality of life. The company has products and services in three areas of aesthetics: breast (augmentation and reconstruction), body and face.
Additional vacancy information
|Contract||:||Temporary contract with CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Salary: >5600|
Days of leave: 25 + 11
See here our other employment terms for this vacancy
Project for at least 6 months, option to extend depending on performance and business need. 100% onsite in Leiden
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.