(Senior) Manager Manufacturing Bio - production
For our client, Thermo Fisher Scientific, we are looking for a (Senior) Manager Manufacturing Bio - production.
Joining a global leading life sciences company to making the world healthier, cleaner and safer? We offer a job opening in leading a manufacturing team and a bio - production manufacturing process, to contribute to further growth of the speciality production site in Naarden.
As Senior Manufacturing Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the manufacturing processes for the Captureselect affinity ligands in the ISO9001 certified Naarden site. Their products are single chain antibody fragments, produced in yeast, through both upstream (fermentation), primary recovery (MF and UF) as well as purification (chromatography) technologies and they enable the manufacturing of innovative bio - pharmaceuticals by their customers.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real - world impact, and you will be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Lead and mentor a team of manufacturing professionals (10 Specialists) to meet operational goals in safety, product availability and productivity;
- Initiate and lead continuous process improvement activities and projects;
- Partner with the Sr. Manager Quality of the Naarden site, to reach the quality objectives of the operations, and participate in customer audits;
- Participate in multidisciplinary planning and strategic reviews to ensure supply chain integrity, on time delivery and new product introduction goals;
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical activities to meet short - and long - term business goals;
- Leading expansion and upgrade projects to the facility and operations;
- Participate in Tech Transfer projects;
- Promote a working environment that sustains employee engagement and involvement to achieve operational excellence and strong teamwork.
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate has an M.Sc. in biosciences/biotechnology/bioprocess technology, with at least 5 years of experience in an ISO9001 or cGMP biologics manufacturing facility, including 2 years in a supervisory or managerial position. Ideally, you come from a DSP, USP or Tech Transfer background. We are looking for someone with leadership abilities with the capability to use diverse resources, respond quickly, understand impact of changes and decisions, facilitate agreement and build collaborative relationships. You have experience in developing and executing strategic plans and the ability to rapidly identify, adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities. You have shown to be capable of initiating and leading technical improvement projects. We are looking for someone with excellent communication, leadership, project management and problem - solving skills. Do you recognise yourself in this profile and do you want to be part of this enthusiastic and growing team? Do not hesitate to apply!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Their mission is to enable customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. They help customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through their premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – they offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Additional vacancy information
|Contract||:||Direct contract with client|
|Employment terms||:||Salary: 80.000 - 90.000|
Days of leave: 28
Bonus Plan and a Flex Benefits budget
Excellent personal development opportunities
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|Contactperson||:||Jan Paul Favier|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.