(Sr.) Associate Scientist Process Development USP
For our client, Kiadis - Sanofi, we are looking for a (Sr.) Associate Scientist Process Development USP.
Do you want to be part of developing innovative NK cell therapies against i.e. Leukaemia, and do you have a passion for mammalian cell culture? Then this is a great opportunity for you! As an (Sr.) Associate Scientist Process Development USP, you will start your day in the newly renovated state of the art lab, with an amazing view. You set-up all equipment and prepare media. Then it is time for a nice cup of coffee. The rest of the day you will be working on cell culture experiments to optimise the upstream process for the PM21 process, or processing cells (i.e. cell isolations from blood, maintenance of cells, cell sampling and analytics, harvesting and purification of cells).
In your day-to-day you will:
- Perform small to large scale human cell culture experiments;
- Properly collect, manage, analyse and document experimental data;
- Prepare, execute, manage and document process development activities;
- Manage all practical and experimental aspects of process development studies and provide training to support technical transfer activities;
- Communicate the work and results to the direct supervisor and in group meetings;
- Be responsible for laboratory, safety and equipment maintenance;
- Plan and execute experimental work in accordance with the project time-lines;
- Provide hands-on technical support and expertise to other departments (for example manufacturing);
- Strengthen the team in daily operations and troubleshooting USP;
- Support in the automation and upscaling of the activities.
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate has the same love for cells as the people at Kiadis/Sanofi and likes to be part of a dynamic organisation. We are looking for someone with a Bachelor/Master in Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Bioprocess Engineering, or related fields with at least 2 years (at least 5 years for Senior) of experience in a (development) laboratory preferably within the biopharmaceutical industry.
You have hands-on experience with at least two of the following: human/mammalian cell culture using (stirred tank) bioreactors, automated cell processing for cell isolation from blood samples, primary cell cultivation and/or working with GMO's at ML-2 level.
You have basic understanding of molecular cell biology. Experience with tech transfer, scale up/scale down or process qualification is advantageous.
Are you an organised, analytical and curious team player, and do you like to help out other teams when needed? Then we are looking for you!
Kiadis Pharma, a Sanofi Company is leveraging the natural strengths of human immune systems to source the best cells to produce innovative therapies for life-threatening disease. They are focused on NK cell research & development to maximise the potential of NK cell therapeutics. Kiadis is a leader in creating cutting-edge science in the exciting and emerging fields of cell therapy and immuno-oncology.
Additional vacancy information
|Contract||:||Temporary contract with CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Open to occasional weekend work and helping out other teams|
See here our other employment terms for this vacancy
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and career coaching of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.