- Dutch and English
- Safety Manager level 3 (“HVK”) and / or Industrial Hygiene (“AH”)
We are looking for a new colleague to strengthen the Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) team. Are you the EH&S engineer who loves to interact with people, sees problems as opportunities and gets energised by improving EH&S processes & systems to ensure that the EH&S risks within the organisation retain controlled? If you get energy from EH&S and are ready for a new challenge, here’s your chance!
Your tasks and responsibilities in this department/team are:
- Oversee, control, develop and improve EH&S systems, processes, and practices;
- Lead and / or support the implementation of EH&S Standards / systems within your field of expertise;
- Coach & develop teams of Standards Owners / SME’s, EH&S representatives;
- Conduct EH&S related risk assessments;
- Support EH&S assessments for projects within your area of expertise;
- Participate in internal and external audits and inspections (for example ISO 14001.2015, J&J EH&S Audits, governmental agencies);
- Participate in and verify incident investigations;
- Develop and give EH&S training on EH&S related topics.
Who we're looking for
You are driven to search for systemic problems and can resolve those by implementing practical EH&S solutions which are aligned with local and national codes and J&J Standards. This with close interaction with others within the company. You are only satisfied when improvements are sustainable. You have a “can do” mentality and see improving the EH&S performance as a collective responsibility. You prefer to focus on long term solutions while you coach others to do the same.
Education, experience, and knowledge necessary for this function:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of EH&S;
- Experience with international Management System Standards like ISO14001;
- You are experienced in working in complex organisations with multiple levels during times of change;
- Able to connect to the business and able to understand the business needs;
- Strong communicator who is credible and self-assured;
- Additional course Safety Manager level 3 (“HVK”) and / or Industrial Hygiene (“AH”) or comparable can lead to preference;
- Proficient in both spoken and written Dutch and English.
The EH&S Department at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention leads the implementation of the J&J Worldwide EH&S and the ISO14001 Management System standards. They work in a close collaboration with the J&J EH&S organisation in the Netherlands and related countries.
Management of EH&S is a core responsibility of the entire Janssen Vaccines & Prevention organisation where they as EH&S department support by having a strong relationship with site- /departmental EHS Representatives, Management System Standards Owners / Subject Matter Experts and Site Management.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is part of Johnson & Johnson, one of the biggest and most respected health care companies in the world. They are dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of novel vaccines to prevent some of the most devastating and complex infectious diseases. These range from respiratory infections like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and pathogens of global concern, such as Ebola and COVID-19.
In this organisation, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are of crucial importance. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden, The Netherlands.
Additional vacancy information
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and secondment of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.
|Contract||:||Temporary contract with CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Project for at least 1 year|
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|