- Engineering / Manufacturing / Maintenance
- PowerBI, Excel, Sharepoint
- Communication / Interpersonal skills
Unilever is undergoing a transformation to make a simpler, faster, and focused organisation. This transformation will accelerate performance improvement and strengthen capabilities to deliver its strategic priorities.
As Sustainable Engineer, you will support the Sustainability Projects Agenda: tracking status of milestones and deliverables; supporting the adoption of the programme, controlling and reporting the required data and reports, supporting policy and playbooks; risks and issue co-ordination; monitoring improvements; co-ordination of KPI, and organisation of programme level workshops. Also communicate project documentation in the form of lessons-learned and best practices for wider expansion and monitor adoption of them.
Your overall responsibility is to support the implementation of various processes and systems that can prevent and control a range of environmental risks, as well as restoring and even reversing environmental damage:
- Data collection: From a range of sources and sites, including site assessments and third-party reports;
- Evaluate environmental impact: Using the collected data, to assess and evaluate the recommended solutions to be deployed to the sites;
- Data analysis: Collecting and analysing data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement;
- Participate and contribute to project meetings and support the Net Zero and water reduction agenda;
- Report writing: Present findings and recommendations to other stakeholders, including the costs, remediation plans and health and safety considerations;
- Actively partner the BG (Business Group) and BU teams to support specific category agenda;
- Promote the culture of continuous improvement and know how development creates a network of expertise between BUs (Business Unit) and BGs (Business Group) (Business Group).
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate has a University degree in Engineering with 2-3 years of experience within Manufacturing / Engineering / Maintenance. Additional prior experience in Sustainability / UMS (Unilever Manufacturing System) / WCM (World Class Manufacturing) is highly advantageous.
Furthermore, you have the following skills:
- Strong communication (English, verbal and written) and networking skills (interpersonal and planning);
- Analytical, financial, and business management skills (Industry certified courses beneficial);
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- MS Office (more than average on MS Excel and Power BI); Teams, SharePoint;
- Proactive and positive attitude;
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and technologies;
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills;
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
- Passion for continuous improvement and dedication to driving change.
The mission of Unilever is to add vitality to life. They meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene, and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
With 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.
Their brand portfolio has made them leaders in every field in which they work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
They are constantly enhancing their brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. They invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop their products.
Today Unilever employs 223.000 people in 100 countries world-wide, and supports the jobs of many thousands of distributors, contractors and suppliers.
Additional vacancy information
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and secondment of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.
|Contract||:||Projectmatig dienstverband met CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Project for at least 8 months|
Days of leave: 38
See here our other employment terms for this vacancy
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|Contactperson||:||Jan Paul Favier|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|