- BSc. or MSc.
- Upstream Biologics
- Mammalian cell culture
In support of developing Kiadis' innovative NK cell therapies, we are looking for an Associate Scientist for Upstream Process Development.
As an Associate Scientist, you will be part of a team responsible for process development activities within the upstream process development group. As a key contributor to getting the therapies to the patients, you take pride in executing all your activities in a timely manner with highest regard to quality, safety, health and environment standards.
- Design and execute experiments to optimize and scale-up cell culture processes to produce innovative molecules;
- Develop and implement strategies to improve cell line performance, media formulations, and process parameters to enhance product yield and quality;
- Conduct bioreactor operations (batch, fed-batch and perfusion modes), monitoring cell growth, viability, and productivity to ensure successful bioproduction;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support process transfers, troubleshoot issues, and contribute to process improvements;
- Analyze experimental data, prepare technical reports, and present findings to stakeholders;
- Good understanding of GMP;
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, scientific advancements, and emerging technologies in upstream bioprocessing;
- When required, help the DSP PD team with execution of process steps.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone who shares Kiadis' for cells and process technology and likes being part of a dynamic organization. Due to the nature of Kiadis’ manufacturing processes, we require someone with good proficiency of biological manufacturing processes, media/buffer preparations, and ideally aseptic/sterile techniques. In addition we are looking for someone with the following requirements:
- BSc. or MSc. in cell biology, biotechnology, bioprocess technology;
- At least 2 years of working experience in a relevant field, preferably in industrial cell therapy, vaccines or upstream biologics manufacturing;
- Hands-on experience with cell culture, including experience with relevant process equipment;
- Excellent knowledge of (primary/mammalian) cell culture;
- Hands-on experience with automatic cell processing, bioreactors (stirred tank and/or wave bag) and/or DSP techniques are a plus;
- Excellent team player, capable of working independently and with good communication skills;
- Analytical mindset, conscientious and curious.
Kiadis, a Sanofi Company, is a biopharmaceutical R&D unit dedicated to accelerating novel cell-based therapies for cancer patients. They are at the forefront of cell therapy science and drive innovation in NK-cell therapy with cutting-edge R&D and production capabilities. As part of Sanofi’s oncology research, the teams in Amsterdam extensively collaborate with the other global Sanofi teams.
Additional vacancy information
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and secondment of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.
|Contract||:||Temporary contract with CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Contract for at least one year. |
Days of leave: 30
See here our other employment terms for this vacancy
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|