- Yeast and fungi
As a Senior Technician Fermentation you play an important role in the development of fermentation processes and products. You organise and independently perform experimental work in the laboratory and sometimes also on pilot plant scale. You keep up with external developments in your field of expertise and contribute to the professional know-how of the department. You will also fulfil various team roles.
- Conducting, analysing, and reporting fermentations of microbial products from yeast and fungi fermentations;
- Be able to understand technical issues and support the fermentation scientist to optimise fermentation processes and protocols to meet project goals and timelines;
- Collaborate in multi-disciplinary teams with colleagues from strain development, fermentation, down-stream processes, application and analysis;
- Processing and interpretation of experimental data, write experimental reports (English), and in-house presenting of technical data.
Who we're looking for
You are a professional through education in Life Science & Technology such as Bioprocess Technology, Bioprocessing, Microbiology, Biotechnology. You have experience with running lab- and bench-scale fermentations and affinity for microbiological work in a lab environment. You understand what it means to work on bioprocesses in an industrial context.
We are looking for people with a practical attitude, high level of initiative and communication, and a high standard for quality and workflow improvement. Your personality can be described as result oriented and flexible. You are a team player, a good communicator and fluent in English.
Top 3 list of requirements:
- Experience with practical fermentation preferably in an industrial environment;
- Must maintain a challenge in lab work for a longer period of time (repetitive work);
- Independent, ownership, initiative and creative.
The Bioproduct Development Team is involved in developing bioprocesses from small to industrial scale. Within this team there is a vacancy for a Senior Lab Technician Fermentation.
Delft is one of the main hubs of dsm-firmenich’s global Science & Research organisation. The center is responsible for the realisation of biotechnological innovations and the development of new products and cost-effective production processes for dsm-firmenich business units.
Additional vacancy information
CLS Services is a leading professional recruitment agency, specialised in the recruitment and secondment of people with a background in chemistry & life sciences.
|Contract||:||Temporary contract with CLS Services|
|Employment terms||:||Project for at least 1 year.|
|Location||:||View location with Google Maps|
|Contactperson||:||Jan Paul Favier|
|+31 (0)88 22 77 555|